The Prednisone has stimulated Roxy's appetite so she has started to eat, although still a little picky. She ate a turkey dog this morning, half my pasta today for lunch and scarfed on a few pieces of Daddy's lunchmeat. She also ate a few animal crackers here and there. She still continues to walk super slow, and her belly looks bigger. She doesn't have any more tremors. When Daddy got home from work today, she got off the couch and happily greeted him, tail wagging. She also has got in her favorite spot, the arm of the couch to look out the front window quite a few times today. Even barked a few times at passerbys. Instead of me telling her to be quiet, I find myself saying, "You tell 'em Roxy!"
The vet's office called today and said one of her liver enzymes was extremely elevated and she's a bit anemic. Jack's bloodwork came back with an elevated liver enzyme which she said was normal for a dog on Prednisone. His creatinine was within normal limits, but his BUN was elevated. The vet told me to give him a 20mg Pepcid 1x a day.
Emotionally, I feel like I'm on a roller coaster. I'm fine one minute, bawling my eyes out the next. It just doesn't seem fair that we weren't given the chance to fight this beast.
For those of you who called and I have not got back to you, I will. Just give me some time....

MOMMY SHARING HER PASTA WITH ROXY TODAY

ROXY IN HER FAVORITE SPOT ON THE COUCH
1 comment:
Julie, you are one of the best pet owners I've ever met. You go above and beyond what anybody I've ever known. Dificult times ahead, you may someday be able to rest, that you did everything you possibly could and they all have lived long, happy lives. That is what is most important, in the end. *hugs* -Jen
Post a Comment